Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
My week long vacation doesn’t come to an end until Monday morning, but the ride home from my parents house took place yesterday, and it sure does feel like the ride home takes a lot longer than the ride getting to your vacation.
The same thing can be said about the summer vacation for the Chicago Blackhawks. The summer always feels like it takes forever especially once you get past the Blackhawks convention and there is nothing left to look forward to until training camp opens up in September.
Counting down the days gets pretty old quick, but this summer after three long playoff runs has seemed to last forever. We had to sit through 3 more rounds of the playoffs before getting to the draft and free agency. In years past the prospect camp has felt like a week or two after hoisting the Stanley Cup but like my long trip home the prospect camp has been just the middle point of the journey this summer.
There are 74 days until the season starts, and nothing in between until mid September when the Chicago Blackhawks head to the University of Notre Dame to kick off training camp. This is one boring summer, and I sure hope some of the Chicago Blackhawks youth is ready to step up this season so we have a long playoff run instead of these long summers to look forward to next year.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to kick off your weekend!
The Chicago Blackhawks and the Chicago Blackhawks store are joining in the Lollapalooza fun with some new gear (Blackhawks)
A look at the moves the Chicago Blackhawks have made this summer (My Sports Blog)
Like most Chicago Blackhawks fans, Jimmy Vesey is on Stan Bowman’s mind this summer (Committed Indians)
No one had Artemi Panarin preseason but maybe Blackhawks fans, but here is this years early predictions for who will win next seasons Calder Trophy (Bleacher Report)
John Dalhstrom the last player picked in the 2015 NHL draft is out to prove that he is not Mr. Irrelevant (Athletic)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
The Nashville Predators are in court and they won their first battle (Predlines)
Why arbitration is terrible for the Colorado Avalanche team chemistry (Mile High Sticking)
What ever happened to Kris Russell (Blackout Dallas)
Senators say the NHL and Gary Bettman are in denial (Pro Hockey Talk)