Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The date of August 15th is approaching quickly for the Chicago Blackhawks front office as this is the next date circled on this summer calendar of things to do for Stan Bowman and the front office.
August 15th of course is the date that Jimmy Vesey becomes a free agent, and the Chicago Blackhawks and their GM can start contacting him and trying to negotiate a contract with the Hobey Baker winner.
The Chicago Blackhawks have an obvious need for talent in their top 6 this coming season. If you don’t think so you haven’t noticed possible line charts with Richard Panik on the top line with Jonathan Toews. Panik is a nice player that played well in spots with Toews, but like the departed Andrew Shaw doesn’t really posses first line talent for 82 games.
Vesey on the other hand appears to be that talented of a player, and like Artemi Panarin last year could hop right into that kind of a role with Toews and be successful from Game #1.
As stated by many writers, one of the Chicago Blackhawks biggest selling factors has to be the fact that Panarin had so much success last year winning the Calder Trophy for rookie of the year, and the fact that you get to skate with Toews and Patrick Kane two of the NHL’s best players.
In years past, the Hawks getting a player like Vesey would be the cherry on top, but this year it feels like getting a player of his talent to fill a top 6 role is a true need for the the team and Stan Bowman knows it. The team is a playoff team either way, but picking up a Vesey could be the difference between a long playoff run next spring or just another quick exit like this past April.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to start your Sunday morning!
Here is the scouting report on free agent to be Jimmy Vesey (Last Word On Sports)
What are the Chicago Blackhawks biggest questions heading into next season (ESPN)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Matching the top remaining free agents around the NHL with to ideal teams (Bleacher Report)
A look at some of the best and worst of the Carolina Hurricanes (Puck Daddy)