Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
It was of course no secret, and it was rumored for weeks before it became official, but if you have been hiding from hockey and the Chicago Blackhawks for a while then you should know that the Chicago Blackhawks will be visiting the St. Louis Blues in the 2017 Winter Classic on January 2nd this upcoming season.
This is just another outdoor event that the Chicago Blackhawks will be in thanks in large part to Rocky Wirtz and John McDonough’s inability to say no to any offer to take their team to the big stage when asked.
Many Chicago Blackhawks fans have grown tired of seeing the Blackhawks year in and year out playing in the outdoor games and wish that other teams around the NHL could get a shot at the big stage. Fans around the NHL and Canada are for certain tired of watching Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane and company on the ice outdoors which should be a celebration of the entire league not just the Blackhawks.
I really don’t mind it at all except for the fact that the big reveal of the jersey for the game is pretty lame when you know it’s just going to another version of the white jersey. There’s so much more they can do with one time a year alternate jersey, and I wish they would just let them wear their black jersey but they never do.
The outdoor games are fun to watch especially in baseball stadiums even though I understand the site lines are extremely better in football stadiums. When games are at Wrigley or Fenway the Winter Classic seems so much cooler, and even though I’ve never been to new Busch I’m sure it will be a better venue than the University of Minnesota football stadium was last year.
Either way the Chicago Blackhawks need to make a better showing than last years blowout loss outside.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning LInks to start your Wednesday
The Chicago Blackhawks are taking things back outside again this January (Blackhawks)
A quick look at Chicago Blackhawks prospect Robin Norell (Second City)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Which five notable players around the NHL could be playing in their last season this year (Hockey News)
U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame celebrates the 1996 World Cup Team (Puck Daddy)