Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks are believed to be in the mix for Hobey Baker winner Jimmy Vesey, and the chase begins today which should make at least a few days in August pretty exciting.
The Chicago Blackhawks as we all now need offensive talent, and it makes total sense that Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman will be trying to secure the offensive weapon, but should the Chicago Blackhawks be all in with the history of the Hobey Baker winners?
It was just a few years ago that the Chicago Blackhawks signed Drew LeBlanc and well he played one game in Chicago and pretty much we never saw anything from him again. He was too slow to make it in the NHL, and at the end LeBlanc didn’t live up to any hype.
So the question is will the sales pitch by Jonathan Toews be necessary to get Vesey to sign with the Chicago Blackhawks with the carrot being the chance to play on the top line with the Captain, or in the end will the hype for Vesey even be worth it in the end.
The Chicago Blackhawks will be trying to win their fourth Stanley Cup in 8 seasons, and that ride will most likely be a lot more likely if they land a talent like Vesey as a free agent this week. Do you think Stan Bowman can pull off the free agent signing?
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to kick off your Tuesday morning!
The Chicago Blackhawks have strong interest in trying to sign Jimmy Vesey now that he’s a free agent (Tribune)
A look at Chicago Blackhawks defensive prospect Denis Gilbert and where he ranks in the Blackhawks prospect pool. (Second City)
According to Jimmy Vesey’s agent, the coveted winger will not sign a contract until Friday at the earliest (AP)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
According to Nashville Predators fans, the Predators GM is nearing Genius status (Predlines)
Limited salary cap shouldn’t affect the Chicago Blackhawks ability to win the Stanley Cup this coming season (Pro Hockey Talk)