Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans, We now only have 7 more Sundays to get through before the opening of the 2016-2017 season.
For NFL fans and fantasy football fans, there are only 3 Sundays away from the start of the NFL season which begins in full on September 11th. I’m sure the majority of people reading this have are about to be in a fantasy football draft or preparing to be in one.
I’m not going to lie, I’ve been in two dynasty league drafts for years, and I run a pick’em league which has gone on for 8 seasons now. The problem is that most of us I’m guessing are Bears fans, and they have been pretty terrible since about the 2006 season so hopes again are not high heading into September.
This of course is a hockey blog, and the fact that we are 7 Sundays away from hockey returning is pretty exciting. The regular season tickets go on sale tomorrow, and training camp is now about a month away so this long hot summer is coming to a close soon.
There are plenty of questions for the Chicago Blackhawks as they head into the season especially on the forwards side where Joel Quenneville will be forced to play young guys big minutes, and he really has to figure out a top line and who will skate with Jonathan Toews this year.
One of the things the Chicago Blackhawks missed the most last year was the offensive production of the top line, and with Jimmy Vesey heading to the Big Apple that means that Richard Panik could be there all season long which should be a worry to most fans.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Seven short Sunday’s away, we can do this, and here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to kick off your Sunday morning!
Here is a look at Tanner Kero and where he ranks among the Chicago Blackhawks prospects (Second City)
Not really a shock after his past season, but Artemi Panarin was named best Russian hockey player (Committed Indians)
Now the search begins for the Chicago Blackhawks, We need some good forwards this coming season (The Committed Indian)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Former Chicago Blackhawks Patrick Sharp and Paul Konerko take pics at the Pearl Jam concert (CSN)
Erik Johnson will be under pressure this year playing for his next contract (Pro Hockey Talk)
Anze Kopitar and becoming the Kings next Captain (Puck Daddy)