No. 41: G Jocelyn Thibault (1998-2004)
Thibault was the first goaltender I can ever recall seeing at a Blackhawks game. It was one of those contests during the time when no one went to games. There was a free hat as the giveaway. It was blue, for whatever reason. Still have the hat; not sure it still fits.
Anyway, Thibault was an entirely average goaltender for Chicago. After spending time with Quebec, Colorado and Montreal, he found his way to the Windy City. The results were “meh,” as Thibault posted a 137-142-37 record while serving as the team’s starter. He actually did make the All-Star Game in the 2001-02 season.
More from All Time Blackhawks
- Blackhawks’ Legend Niklas Hjalmarsson Retires After 14 Seasons
- Blackhawks: The five longest tenured captains in team history
- Blackhawks News: Andrew Shaw Retires At Age 29
- Best Blackhawks Goalie of All-Time: Esposito, Hall, or Crawford?
- The Jersey Numbers Never Worn in Blackhawks History
Interesting fact about this number, though. Only four guys have worn it. Two of them have almost the same name: Mike McNeill and current Blackhawks prospect Mark McNeill. Stranger, both are listed as right wings, and both have fewer than five games in Chicago to their name (two for Mike, one for Mark).
The other No. 41, in case you were curious, was Niklas Hjalmarsson at the start of his career (he was used for No. 4 in this series, so no repeats).
Next: No. 42