Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks are heading towards training camp and now we are starting to think about line combo’s.
The best part of the summer besides it being over has to be thinking of what line combos the Chicago Blackhawks could be using in the upcoming season.
The Chicago Blackhawks have only one line heading into the 2016-2017 season that is penciled in which is the 2nd line with Patrick Kane, Artem Anisimov and Artemi Panarin being one high powered offensive machine. The 2nd line produced the Calder Trophy and oh by the way the Hart Trophy winner for League MVP.
Now after we get past the 2nd line it’s a crapshoot to what Joel Quenneville will have up his sleeve. The top line could be Richard Panik with Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa or it could be anything to Nick Schmaltz or Tyler Motte. We discussed it two days ago and you can read our first line combo’s here.
The other combo’s are even crazier because there are so many spots open from a center of the third or fourth line to which line will the new Andrew Shaw Ryan Hartman play on. We know Marcus Kruger and Jordin Tootoo will be on the bottom six but after that it gets a little crazier.
Who will step up and take spots? NicK Schmaltz, Tyler Motte, Vincent Hinostroza and where will they end up and will Coach Q be able to trust any of these players to roll four lines or will it be the Patrick Kane/Breadman show all year long?
What are your four line combos for the upcoming season?
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to kick off your Wednesday morning!
Reports around Colorado is that Chicago Blackhawks assistant Kevin Dineen is a major candidate for the Avalanche job (Second City)
Chicago Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville will need to trust players that he isn’t used to trusting to role four lines this coming season (Athletic)
Here’s a quick look around the NHL to which players are likely to be traded by the trade deadline during the 2016-2017 season (Bleacher report)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
Former Oilers star Tyler Hall thinks that prodigy Connor McDavid should be the next Captain of the Oilers (Canoe)
What are the five most memorable gimmicks that the NHL has done since 1990 (Hockey News)