Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The last day of the month of August is today which means we are closing in on the World Cup and training camp to open up, The long hot summer of 2016 is coming to a close finally!
My daughter asked me how many days August had and of course I always say the stupid poem you were taught as a kid about 30 days hath September, April, June, and November. etc etc. I told her of course August had 31 days with a smile.
She didn’t understand why I was happy about talking about the end of August, and why it put a smile on my face so when she asked, I told her simply it means we are closer to watching the Chicago Blackhawks play again.
My daughter asked me if they are going to win the Stanley Cup this year probably because she likes getting new Stanley Cup Championship T-shirts. I told her I wasn’t very confident coming into this year but you never know what could happen, just look at the Pittsburgh Penguins who looked to be down and out and then caught fire heading into the final month of the season and carried right over into the playoffs.
My problem with the Chicago Blackhawks heading into training camp is their secondary scoring and what will they get from the 3rd and 4th lines. When the Chicago Blackhawks have won Stanley Cups they have rolled 4 lines, and that doesn’t seem very likely this year like last season when Joel Quenneville would put Patrick Kane out there double shifting with some bottom six lines.
The fun begins in just a couple weeks, so long August we didn’t like you very much anyways!
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links to kick off your Wednesday!
The yearly prospect rankings came out and Alex DeBrincat leads four Blackhawks on the list this season (Second City)
What are the biggest questions facing the Chicago Blackhawks as they head into September (ESPN)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
It looks like Hawks will not be part of the nickname of the Las Vegas franchise, but it looks like Knights are an option (Committed Indians)
The Players with the most to prove around the NHL this upcoming season (Bleacher Report)