Three times is the charm! The Chicago Blackhawks won their first game of the season on Saturday night with a 5-3 victory over the Nashville Predators.
That’s right, Chelsea Dagger played five times Saturday night, as the Chicago Blackhawks brought home their first win of the season. I had a front row seat, as we were in attendance at the game to witness a Richard Panik hat trick, Nick Schmaltz’s first NHL goal, and Brent Seabrook pound home a power play tally. As soon as the game was over, happy Chicago Blackhawks fans filed out of the United Center just in time to hear about the Cub’s grand slam and subsequent win over the Dodgers. Yes, it was a special night in Chicago.
More from Analysis
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
But now that the dust has settled, we have a chance to take a closer look at these first three games. What have the Chicago Blackhawks done right? What have they done wrong? And what can they do to continue to stay in the win column? Even with a win, there were a lot of things that still weren’t all that pretty Saturday night. To be honest with you, it’s easier to look at what went wrong, as there is still a lot of work to be done.