The Next Franchise Superstar – Alex DeBrincat
How about a fresh face in the organization, yet to make his debut with the Blackhawks like 2016 second-round draft pick Alex DeBrincat? Already making a huge name for himself in the Ontario Hockey League record books, DeBrincat’s future with the organization is one of the brightest since the likes of Kane and Toews.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Let’s say DeBrincat were to make his NHL debut with the Blackhawks next season, depending on when it would happen, he would be either 19 or 20 years old. By the time Toews’ current contract ends, DeBrincat would be 25 and could likely be on his second contract with the organization, if he pans out to be the kind of offensive threat he is projected to be.
This option looks to be the biggest ‘what if’ option, due to DeBrincat not even playing in the AHL or NHL yet.
There is a lot of potential for DeBrincat on the ice, and with the Erie Otters giving him a leadership role this season, his off the ice demeanor has been recognized to be influential among his peers, so that’s a good sign already. He could be the next face of the franchise, and could be a strong contender to be the next great Blackhawks Captain.