Division, conference and Stanley Cup winners
Well, we have the Blackhawks and Central Division out of the way, but why stop there? A true set of predictions isn’t complete if we aren’t making guesses at how the year will shake out for the whole league.
Below we have our division, conference and Stanley Cup winner predictions. There are certainly some majorities in the division category, but no one takes the cake with a clean sweep in any of the divisions.
More from Editorials
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- Blackhawks: Changes to the coaching staff are a step in the right direction
- Chicago Blackhawks: Reasons for optimism and cause for concern
- Blackhawks: Kick off four game road trip against Kraken
- Recapping the Jeremy Colliton era with the Chicago Blackhawks
When it comes to the conference champions that will represent the West and East in the Stanley Cup Final, there is a strong showing from the Edmonton Oilers and Tampa Bay Lightning. Also, every writer except for Colin and Kirk predicted this will be the first time a Canadian franchise makes it to the Stanley Cup Final since the Ottawa Senators lost to the Anaheim Ducks in 2007.
The Tampa Bay Lightning, Pittsburgh Penguins and Edmonton Oilers all received multiple votes as Stanley Cup winner. Meanwhile, Tim believes Mike Babcock will lead the Maple Leafs to the hockey promised land, Kirk thinks the Predators finish what they couldn’t a season ago and Keith is the sole believer who thinks the Blackhawks will make it to the top for the fourth time in nine seasons.
Here are our predictions: