The Chicago Blackhawks lose Another Heart Breaker To The St. Louis Blues.


Apr 17, 2014; St. Louis, MO, USA; St. Louis Blues left wing Alexander Steen (20) scores the game winning goal against Chicago Blackhawks goalie

Corey Crawford

(50) during the third overtime in game one during the first round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Scottrade Center. The Blues defeated the Blackhawks 4-3. Mandatory Credit: Scott Rovak-USA TODAY Sports

Heart broken, shocked, and awful; those are some of the words that will be used to describe the Chicago Blackhawks Game 2 loss to the St. Louis Blues. The Blackhawks fell again to the St. Louis Blues 4-3 in overtime. Coach Quenneville called this loss “Brutal” in his postgame interview.

The Blackhawks went into today game trailing 1-0 in the series and were looking to even the series. The Blues were determined to not let that happen. The Blues struck first with a slap shot goal from Chris Porter about half way through the first period. The Blackhawks were hoping to hold the Blues to just a 1-0 lead in the first period. Kevin Shattenkirk ended that hope when he fired a wrist shot past Corey Crawford to put the Blues up 2-0 with second remaining in the period.

The Blackhawks clawed their way back into the game with Duncan Keith goal late in the second period to cut the lead in half. To say this game was physical was not to do the justice. There were twelve total penalties in the first two periods alone.  Steve Ott, Brandon Bollig, and Roman Polak were involved most of the time.

The third period started with the Blackhawks Brent Seabrook tying the game at two with just about five minutes gone by in the third period. This would not be Seabrook’s biggest play of the game. Less than two minutes later Michal Rozsival put the Blackhawks up 3-2 in the third period. The Blackhawks tried desperately to hold onto the 3-2 lead. They overcame penalties from Duncan Keith and Bryan Bickell in the third, however, they wouldn’t not overcome Seabrook’s penalty. Seabrook destroyed David Backes of the Blues with a check in the corner.

Seabrook was given a five minute major and a game misconduct.  Seabrook said after the game “I was just trying to make a play on Backes. I thought the puck was there… I just tried to finish my hit”.  Seabrook went onto to say that it is a physical series. Seabrook could be facing a suspension for his hit on Backes.

Backes left the game with an apparent head injury. The Blackhawks held the 3-2 lead up till six second remaining. After pulling Ryan Miller to go six skaters vs. four, Vladimir Tarasenko from the Blues put a wrist shot by Crawford to even the score at three.  The game would go to overtime.

In the overtime period the Blues would get the game winner from Barret Jackman at about six minutes gone by. The final score was 4-3, the same as game one.

The Blues now lead the series 2-0. The series will resume Monday at the United Center at 8:30 pm ET on CNBC.

Blackhawks fan should not fret until a road team wins a road game, then the series truly begins. The Blackhawks need to hold serve on home ice beginning on Monday.

Thank you for visiting Blackhawk up prides itself on providing original Blackhawks content. If you want up to the minute Blackhawks information you can like us on Face book. You can also follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_up