Oct 28, 2013; Saint Paul, MN, USA; Chicago Blackhawks forward Brandon Pirri (37) looks on during the first period against the Minnesota Wild at Xcel Energy Center. Mandatory Credit: Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports
We had so much fun doing our Countdown to Faceoff series last season that we decided to do it again. In case you’re new to the series, we’ll do a roster preview as we count down the days until the Chicago Blackhawks October 9th season opener against the Dallas Stars.
We are finally in September in our countdown to opening night and we run into a player that was suppose to be the 2nd line center for the Blackhawks. Brandon Pirri was injured during training camp and the rest of his season didn’t go as planned. Pirri cracked the Blackhawks lineup after Michal Handzus struggled and then was injured, but Pirri’s game (lack of a 200 foot game) no matter how offensive didn’t mesh well with Joel Quenneville and after a few months Pirri was a Florida Panther instead of the 2nd line center Hawks fans have been waiting for seemingly for years now.
Here are the former 37’s in Blackhawks history
1. Bruce Cassidy-1988-1990 Cassidy played his entire 36 game career with the Blackhawks. He scored 4 goals and 13 assists for Chicago.
2. Jean-Yves Leroux-1997 Leroux played his whole career with Chicago. Leroux played 226 games with the Blackhawks scoring 16 goals 22 assists and a -27 rating.
3. Bryan Muir-1999-2000 Muir made a 64 game pit stop with the Blackhawks in the middle of his 279 game career. Muir 3 goals and 5 assist in his stay with Chicago.
4. Michael Nylander– Ironically, Nylander was traded to Chicago for Muir and played 230 games with the Blackhawks. Nylander scored 63 goals and 113 assists with the Hawks. Nylander played in 17 NHL seasons starting with the Hartford Whalers and ending with the Washington Capitals compiling 920 games played 209 goals 470 assists.
2001 Passmore went 12-16-6 in net for the Hawks with his career coming to an end in Chicago in 2004. His career stats are 23-44-12 in 93 games played. He had one fight as well!
-2002 Brown played one season with the Hawks lacing up the skates for 71 games collecting 5 goals and 10 assists. Brown had a 736 NHL game career with 129 goals and 171 assists.
-2007-2010 Burish was a 9th round draft pick by the Hawks in 2002 draft that made the NHL in 2007 playing in 179 games with the Blackhawks. He scored 11 goals and 10 assists while playing on the bottom 6 for the Hawks. Burish played in 15 playoff games for the Hawks in 2010 without a point. Burish signed with the Dallas Stars after the 2010 season as a free agent before moving to San Jose.
More from All Time Blackhawks
- Blackhawks’ Legend Niklas Hjalmarsson Retires After 14 Seasons
- Blackhawks: The five longest tenured captains in team history
- Blackhawks News: Andrew Shaw Retires At Age 29
- Best Blackhawks Goalie of All-Time: Esposito, Hall, or Crawford?
- The Jersey Numbers Never Worn in Blackhawks History
8. Brandon Pirri-2011-2013 Pirri played in 35 games scoring 6 times with 7 assists with a +7, after getting traded to the Florida Panthers he scored 7 goals and 7 assists in 21 games. Next season won’t seem the same with #FreePirri on Twitter.
Who is your favorite former #37?
Be on the lookout for our Countdown to Faceoff series as we continue to work our way to the season opener on October 9th. We’re 37 days from the season opener. Is it October yet???
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup