Apr 3, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Blackhawks left wingJeremy Morin
(11) skates with the puck during the second period against the Minnesota Wild at the United Center. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
We had so much fun doing our Countdown to Faceoff series last season that we decided to do it again. The calendar has turned into September ,we look at jersey numbers from past and present as we count down the days until October 9th and opening night against the Dallas Stars.
We have reached #11 and a player that most Blackhawks fans and yours truly really wanted to see on the ice in Chicago more than he was last season. Morin got caught up into Joel Quenneville‘s doghouse and was stuck on the Rockford shuffle until late in the season when he went on a scoring streak while Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews were out with injuries to end the season.
Morin signed a one-way contract with the Hawks and looks to get some serious playing time this season in Chicago. He may have to fight off Brandon Mashinter and Cody Bass for a spot on the 4th line with Marcus Kruger and Ben Smith, and you all know who we are rooting for on the bottom line. #UnleashTheMorin
With all of the low numbers there have been a lot players to wear #11 here is a quick look at the former 11’s!
1. Fred Hucul-1951-1954 Hucul played in 121 games with the Blackhawks scoring 9 goals and 17 assists.
2. Jack McIntyre-1954-1958 McIntyre appeared in 231 games scoring 53 times with 39 helpers.
3. Lorne Ferguson-1958-1959 Ferguson played the last two years of his 422 NHL game career with Chicago. During his stay he scored 13 goals and 19 assists.
4. Bill Hay-1960-1965 Hay played his entire 506 game career with the Blackhawks which included the 1961 Stanley Cup Championship. Hay scored 113 goals and 273 assists during his career while picking up 15 goals and 21 assists during his 67 game playoff career.
5. Doug Mohns-1965-1971 Mohns appeared in 415 games with Chicago scoring 116 times with 163 assists while collected 387 penalty minutes.
6. John Marks-1973-1982 Marks appeared in 657 games with the Blackhawks picking up 112 goals and 163 assists during his 10 year Chicago career.
7. Denis Cyr-1983-1984 Cyr played 87 times for the Hawks scoring 19 times with 21 assists before heading to St. Louis
8. Mike Eagles-1988-1989 Eagles made a 70 game pit stop with Chicago during a 853 NHL Game career. During his stay he scored 6 goals and 13 assists.
9. Jeff Shantz-1994-1999 Shantz was a second round draft pick by the Blackhawks in 1992, He dressed in 312 games scoring 36 times and 80 assists before being traded to the Calgary Flames.
10. Josef Marha-2000-2001 Marha played in 96 games scoring 12 times with 17 assists.
More from All Time Blackhawks
- Blackhawks’ Legend Niklas Hjalmarsson Retires After 14 Seasons
- Blackhawks: The five longest tenured captains in team history
- Blackhawks News: Andrew Shaw Retires At Age 29
- Best Blackhawks Goalie of All-Time: Esposito, Hall, or Crawford?
- The Jersey Numbers Never Worn in Blackhawks History
11. Matt Keith-2004-2008 Keith played in 27 games over four season collecting 2 goals and 3 assists during his time with Chicago.
12. John Madden 2009-2010 Madden played one season for the Hawks and picked up his 3rd Stanley Cup in the process. His season with the Hawks included 10 goals and 13 assists with 1 goal and 1 assist during the Stanley Cup run.
Who is your favorite 11 of all-time?
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup