The Chicago Blackhawks will be raising their 6th Stanley Cup on Wednesday night when the Blackhawks face the New York Rangers. However, the Chicago Blackhawks via Twitter revealed their Stanley Cup Championship rings.
Of course their is another view of the ring which I really like with all of the years that they have won the Stanley Cup starting way back in 1934.
The Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup engraving was revealed last week with some juicy tidbits and stories and non-stories intertwined with that reveal. The Blackhawks organization petitioned for Daniel Carcillo and Joakim Nordstrom‘s names to get engraved, and they left off Antti Raanta‘s name off of the Cup engraving.
The Blackhawks have no limits to who gets a ring so it’s really up to Rocky Wirtz on how many and who gets a Stanley Cup Championship ring so the real question if there is one is will Raanta get one. The Raanta story is very bizarre that this happy go lucky backup goalie was really sitting there watching the team and rooting for them to lose. If the team believes that he was doing this there is no way that he gets anything but what he got which is traded, but if they think it’s just a blown out of proportion story by the media then he probably will get one eventually from the Blackhawks.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Chicago Blackhawks with or without rings will forever be the 2015 Stanley Cup champions, and we as fans will always have great memories of a fantastic playoff run. Every series if you throw out the Minnesota Wild series had some sort of drama in it which made it great drama to watch on a nightly basis.
The Blackhawks were down 3 game to 2 to the Anaheim Ducks in the Western Conference Finals yet were able to win a home Game #6 before winning their first Game #7 on the road since the 1960’s.
In the Stanley Cup Final the Chicago Blackhawks were outplayed in the first four games, but the Hawks were able to split those four games then Corey Crawford dominated the Final 2 games for their 3rd Cup in 6 seasons.
Now the Stanley Cup ring is revealed.. What do you think of the new jewelry?
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem