On Friday, the Chicago Blackhawks were coming in off a horrible loss to the Nashville Predators the previous night. It was the worst effort in the Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews Era. The Blackhawks had a better effort and got contributions from their star players Friday against Winnipeg. Toews, Kane, Teuvo Teravainen and Corey Crawford were the key contributors in Friday’s 2-0 victory over the Jets.
Toews and Kane each scored a goal, and Crawford stopped all 25 shots he faced. It was Toews’ first goal in seven games and Crawford’s 15th career shutout, while Kane’s point streak now is at 25 games and counting. Teravainen got back on the score sheet with an assist and all-around better game.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Here is some of the Twitter reaction during and after the win.
In the second period, Kane would extend his streak to 25 games.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Corey Crawford was stellar all night in net.
Here are some other impressive numbers:
The Blackhawks will take on Vancouver Canucks on Sunday at 6 p.m. at the United Center. What were your thoughts about Friday’s victory? Let us know in the comments section.