Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks are off to the Steel City to face-0ff against the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight on the first night of back to back games against the Sidney Crosby led team.
Like I mentioned yesterday on Twitter, I understand that the NHL and all sports have complicated system on scheduling games, but it’s kind of frustrating when you only face an Eastern Conference team twice a year and you do it on back to back nights. We probably said the same thing at the beginning of the season when the Blackhawks played the Islanders twice in one weekend.
The Penguins have some serious star power with both Crosby and Phil Kessel along with Evgeni Malkin but their record doesn’t coincide with the star power. If the playoffs began today the Penguins would be on the outside of the playoff party which isn’t what the NHL would be hoping for with this many marketable stars.
Either way Chicago Blackhawks fans will be looking for more of the balanced scoring from the good guys that they have been getting lately with Andrew Desjardins becoming a secondary scoring option. Two games in two nights against a team you can hate! You gotta love it, and here are some morning links to kick off your Gameday!
Nick Schmaltz and Team USA lost to Team Russia for the third straight year on Monday afternoon (Second City)
Here’s a quick review of all of the things that happened with the Rockford IceHogs this past week (The Committed Indian)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
NBC Announcer Doc Emrick says that this is a great time to be a Chicago Blackhawks fans (WGN Radio)
Ranking some of the most shocking statistics from the NHL’s 2015-2016 season (Bleacher Report)
If you missed it, the NHL All-Star Game is in Nashville, and the Captains have been announced (On The Forecheck)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
They didn’t exactly show up for the Winter Classic and they are trying to leave it behind (Causeway Crowd)