It was so much fun, let’s do it again tonight, right? The Chicago Blackhawks escaped Pittsburgh with two points after letting the Penguins come back in the third period and tie up a game that the Blackhawks should have won in regulation. Well, they didn’t really deserve a point to be honest if it wasn’t for the play of Corey Crawford. Crawford let two in but the Hawks defense wasn’t at it’s best last night, and they easily could have given up a lot more goals except for the play of #50!
The Chicago Blackhawks are back home where they have been pretty dominate all year long unlike their lackluster play on the road. The Hawks are 15-5-1 on home ice at the United Center while they have struggled most of the year on the road with a 9-8-3 record. The second line was back to their usual antics last night scoring a 2nd period goal and then Panarin sniped in the overtime winner. It’s a crazy thought to think where the Hawks would be if it wasn’t for the production of the Patrick Kane, Artemi Panarin, and Artem Anisimov. I’m also pretty sure that everyone is tired of talking about it.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
One player that seems to be heating up is the Captain Jonathan Toews. Toews scored another goal last night and his play has looked to be improving after a sluggish start. It would be nice if Marian Hossa who has one of the worst shooting percentages in the NHL finds a correction and starts scoring goals. The Hawks had found some secondary scoring last week, but the Andrew Desjardins scoring streak was shut down last night. I still like the play of Phillip Danault so hopefully he continues to grow in confidence with that confidence shown as improved play on the ice. Here is the viewing information for tonight’s game.
Game Time- 7pm
TV Listings– NBCSN
Radio Listings- WGN
Live Streaming– NBC Live Extra
Radio Live Streaming- WGN Radio App
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
My predictions weren’t very good except that the Hawks would win in overtime so there’s a sliver lining from last night.
Final Score Prediction- The Hawks roll with a bunch of momentum from Panarin’s overtime winner and strike early and often and easily defeat the Penguins 5-2 tonight. Patrick Kane picks up his first ever goal against the Penguins in his career and Danault picks up his first career goal.
Three Stars Predictions-
#1 Star- Duncan Keith– 3 Assists
#2 Star- Patrick Kane- 1 Goal 1 Assist
#3 Star- Corey Crawford
What are your predictions for tonight’s game?