Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! It’s another one of those great 6pm Sunday night starts at the United Center tonight, and they will be facing off against the Colorado Avalanche who will be riding a hot streak into Chicago.
If you throw out the Florida Panthers, the Blackhawks and Avalanche are probably two of the hotter teams in the NHL. The Blackhawks hot streak has landed them in 2nd place in the Central Division with only 6 points separating them from the first place Dallas Stars. The Hawks were able to count on some secondary scoring in their last win, something they have been sorely missing in the first half of the season.
The Colorado Avalanche winning ways have got them back into the playoff hunt and actually tied for the final Wild Card spot in the Western Conference. The Av’s are still missing Erik Johnson but that hasn’t mattered with them winning more times than losing. They picked up a huge win the other night when they defeated the Nashville Predators in regulation.
The Avs and Blackhawks should be a fun matchup tonight, and while we wait for game time here are some morning links to kick off your Sunday morning.
An interesting Q & A with some bloggers from the Colorado Avalanche (The Committed Indian)
The Chicago Blackhawks youth movement is finally paying dividends (Committed Indians)
Speaking of Danault, the Chicago Blackhawks may have found something in this young center (Tribune)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Ranking of the Top 10 NHL Milestones that have been achieved in the 2015-2016 season (Bleacher Report)
The Minnesota’s Wild was set to debut for his hometown team when they face-off against the Dallas Stars Saturday night (Score)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The San Jose Sharks Shark tank hasn’t been very frightful with the team only going 5-14 on home ice. (Puck Daddy)