The Chicago Blackhawks are the hottest team in the NHL right now having won 10 games in a row and they will be looking for 11 tonight at home at the United Center when the Montreal Canadiens come to town for their only appearance of the season.
The Blackhawks have made a roster move since we last saw the Canadiens on Wednesday night with Bryan Bickell getting placed on waivers, cleared waivers, and sent back down to the Rockford IceHogs. We don’t know if this is the end for Bickell, but it sure seems like it could be for #29.
The other player the Canadiens didn’t see Wednesday that will be back on the ice is rookie defenseman Erik Gustafsson. With Gustafsson back on the ice, the Hawks avoid the Rob Scuderi/Michal Rozsival pairing which was able to hold up for two game without Gustafsson in the lineup. The thing about having Gustafsson in the lineup is it helps the offense with his skating and passing getting the puck out of the Hawks zone.
The Montreal Canadiens are on a skid and nothing shows off that losing streak than last night’s game in St. Louis when they were able to score in the third period to pick up the lead, but they gave up a very soft goal to tie the game and eventually gave up a turnover to give the Blues the puck and the winning goal. The Canadiens are 3-6-1 in their last 10 and look to be in a total free fall in the East with Corey Price in net.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are the TV Listings for tonight’s contest.
Game Time– 6pm
TV Listings– WGN TV
Radio Listings- WGN Radio
Radio Live Streaming– WGN Radio App
On to the predictions and in our predictions for the Toronto Maple Leafs game we had the goal amount for the Hawks correct with 4 and the fact that Patrick Kane would score, but of course we didn’t have Kane scoring 3 times, so it’s on to tonight’s predictions.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
FINAL Score Prediction– The Chicago Blackhawks increase their streak to 11 games with a home win against Montreal with a 5-3 victory. The Hawks get goals from Phillip Danault, Artem Anisimov, and Andrew Shaw with Jonathan Toews picking up his 300th career assist.
Three Stars Prediction-
#1 Star- Duncan Keith– 3 assists
#2 Star- Max Pacioretty– 2 Goals
#3 Star- Patrick Kane– 1 goal 1 assist
What are your predictions for tonight’s game?