The Chicago Blackhawks take to the ice tonight on the road in the city that tries it’s hardest to keep the red out, and they will be trying to extend their winning streak to 12 games and tie the longest winning streak in the NHL this season while extending their lead in the Central Division.
We have talked a lot the past few days on why the Chicago Blackhawks are winning including 6 Big Reasons. The reason I always seemed to bypass could possibly be the biggest one outside of the play of Patrick Kane, and that is the play of Corey Crawford who really is having a Vezina Trophy worthy season.
Crawford has the most shutouts in the NHL this season at 6 games and he’s been near the top of all the other goalie statistics. Crawford is 26-10-2 with a 2.17 Goals Against Average and a .929 save percentage. It’s been one of the best seasons in his career so hopefully he steers clear of any rock concerts the rest of the season and puts a lot of pressure on Braden Holtby for the Vezina trophy this season.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Of course the top line is really heating up with Jonathan Toews finding his scoring his touch during the winning streak. It’s great seeing the Captain heating up which takes a lot of pressure off the Kane line which is still producing at a very high level through 48 games. It’s funny that we all argue and state that Andrew Shaw isn’t a first line talent, but the Hawks have really hit their groove since Shaw was permanently placed on the top line.
The Predators are coming off a 3-0 victory and will be looking to pick up some traction in the win column since they are dangling right on the Wild Card line with the Colorado Avalanche. So tonight’s just another big game in the Central Division and here are the listings for tonight’s contest.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Game Time– 7pm
TV Listings-CSN, NBCSN
Radio Listings– WGN Radio
Live Streaming– NBC Live Extra
Radio Live Streaming- WGN Radio App
On to the predictions for tonight, and first we look back at Sunday night. I had the Blackhawks scoring five goals and Jonathan Toews scoring, but that’s all I got correct!
Final Score Prediction- The Chicago Blackhawks winning streak comes to an end when they lose 4-3 in overtime. Jonathan Toews and Artem Anisimov will pick up goals in the OT loss.
Three Stars Prediction
#1 Star- Patrick Kane-3 Assists
#2 Star- Mike Ribeiro– 1 goals 1 assist
#3 Star- Shea Weber– 2 assists