The Chicago Blackhawks went from smoking red hot with a 12 game winning streak to a team sporting a 2 game losing streak in just a matter of what felt like 24 hours after back to back losses in the Sunshine State. The Tampa Lightning game was a close one, but the Chicago Blackhawks looked like a tired/spent team in South Florida when they got shut out by the Florida Panthers on Friday night.
So now the Chicago Blackhawks are back home at the United Center tonight, which will be their last home game until February 9th, to face-off against the hated St. Louis Blue which will be a very big game in the standings Central Division Standings. The Hawks and Blues are in position to be the top 2 teams in the Central Division after the hot starts by the Dallas Stars and Nashville Predators have recently cooled off.
When you look at the standings one thing really stands out and that is how good the Chicago Blackhawks are at home with a 20-5-1 record, so this would make for a season for the Chicago Blackhawks to finish on top of the standings to secure more home games at the United Center so these games against the Blues and other Central Divisional foes are big points to pick up.
The Chicago Blackhawks are finding some balance scoring fell back to their struggling offensive ways when the Patrick Kane line doesn’t find the scoresheet. So it’s back to the drawing board with some new faces, but according to this mornings skate Brandon Mashinter will be back in the lineup and newly acquired Jiri Sekac will be watching.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Blues are looking for 2 points to climb into 2nd place in the Central Division and jumping the slumping Stars. The player to really watch on the Blues is Vladimir Tarasenko who has serious offensive skills and they are on full display this season. So here are the listings for tonight’s Central Divisional Showdown.
Game Time– 6pm
TV Listings– WGN, NHL Network
Radio Listings– WGN
Radio Live Streaming– WGN Radio App
On to the predictions part of the post, and we missed both games in Florida so there is no looking back, but looking forward to tonight’s game.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Final Score Prediction- The Chicago Blackhawks get back to their winning ways with a 4-2 win over the Blues with Jonathan Toews picking up his 300th assists and Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa scoring goals.
Three Stars Predictions
#1 Star- Jonathan Toews
#2 Star- Erik Gustafsson
#3 Star- Vladimir Tarasenko
What are your predictions for tonight’s game?