Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks after their abysmal performance on Tuesday night are now off from any on ice activities until Monday which after watching their last 4 games is just what the doctor ordered.
It’s not like Joel Quenneville has been burning out his stars like he’s had a history of doing so, like he did with Duncan Keith during last years Stanley Cup playoffs. The Hawks played 14 games in 20 days or something like that, and it’s just too much for a group of players to play at their top form during that type of stretch of games.
What’s crazy is the fact that when the Hawks go on long stretches of days off we are all itching to see them play on the ice, but in reality we should be excited when the Hawks get a few more extra days off. Luckily, the Chicago Blackhawks really don’t roll off a bunch of games like they just did until March so hopefully fans showing up after the All-Star game will get their money’s worth.
The Chicago Blackhawks except for Patrick Kane and possibly Jonathan Toews have the week off so please enjoy the rest and relaxation. In the meantime here are some morning links to kick off your Thursday morning.
See and here what Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman had to say about receiving an extension through 2021 (Blackhawks)
A quick angry look at the numbers from the Chicago Blackhawks at the All-Star Break (The Committed Indian)
Are the Chicago Blackhawks ahead of last years team which by the way won the Stanley Cup (CSN)
10 All-Star break positives and negatives before they head off for a week off (BU)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
A new poll for coaches says that most coaches prefer the NHL coaches challenge during games (TSN)
Can the Dallas Stars get first place back after the All-Star Break with a lot of home games on the schedule (Blackout Dallas)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Which NHL contracts in the salary cap era are the biggest rip offs (Sporting News)
The coaches around the NHL are predicting that Washington Capitals will win the Stanley Cup (Puck Daddy)