Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! Even without Jonathan Toews in the lineup last night, the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Colorado Avalanche 2-1. If you missed the first period, you missed all of the scoring in the game. The Hawks scored a couple of cheap goals (if you were listening to the Colorado Avalanche feed) but it was two plays with players going to the net so you can call them whatever you want, but Richard Panik got the Hawks on the scoreboard and Artemi Panarin scored what ended up being the difference maker.
The real deal last night was who was in net last night which means another solid effort from #50. Corey Crawford after being named the 2nd star of the month of January went out and only gave up one goal. Granted, Crawford only saw 8 shots in the first two periods, but he had to be strong in the third period when the Avalanche fired 14 on net.
The old strategy worked pretty good last night, let Patrick Kane and Artemi Panarin set up a goal, and let Corey Crawford protect the rest of the night. It’s not an exciting strategy, but it is pretty effective this season. Here are some morning links to kick off your Victory Wednesday.
There weren’t many games to choose from, but its that time of the week for the play of the week (Blackhawks)
What were the Good, Bad, and Ugly from the Chicago Blackhawks 2-1 win over the Av’s (Puckin Hostile)
A different look at the All-Star Game, and why it was a giant embarrassment for the NHL (The Committed Indian)
The Washington Capitals and not the Chicago Blackhawks are the betting favorites to win the Stanley Cup (Madhouse Enforcer)
Speaking of odds, what are every team around the NHL odds to win the Stanley Cup this season (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Dallas Stars got back to their winning ways after a long break last night (Blackout Dallas)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The Anaheim Ducks goalies are the reason that the Ducks are back in the playoff picture (Puck Daddy)