The Chicago Blackhawks had blown out the Dallas Stars 5-1 this past Saturday on the road. Thursday, it was a different story. The Stars came out flying and put up four goals on the Blackhawks in the first period. Patrick Eaves had his second NHL hat trick in the first period. John Klingberg would add a goal of his own to make the score 4-0 after the first period. Corey Crawford would be pulled for Scott Darling.
The only times the Blackhawks fans cheered in the first period were to honor former Blackhawks Patrick Sharp and Johnny Oduya. Sharp and Oduya were playing in their first regular-season game at the United Center since leaving the Blackhawks.
The Blackhawks would break their scoring drought in the third period. Duncan Keith got the home team on the board. Patrick Kane would add another goal to give the Blackhawks life. The Blackhawks would have several other great chances against Kari Lehtonen, but ultimately couldn’t dent the twine further.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here is the Twitter reaction from Thursday’s game.
Patrick Eaves gives the Stars a 1-0 lead at 3:19. #Blackhawks
— Tracey Myers (@TramyersCSN) February 12, 2016