The Chicago Blackhawks are off to the big apple today to faceoff against a Eastern Conference powerhouse in the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
The Blackhawks never seem to play great games on the Rangers home ice lately, but usually they have been playing games there after long breaks like the Olympic break or on the tale end of the Ice Capades road trip.
This year is a little different with the Hawks heading to New York after a 4 game homestand and with three days off staring them in the face before they play outdoors in Minnesota for the Stadium Series game against the Minnesota Wild.
The Chicago Blackhawks had a bit of a struggle on home ice going 0-2-1 before getting a glorified AHL team to visit the United Center on Monday when they trounced the Toronto Maple Leafs 7-2 to make everyone feel good about the Hawks again.
One thing that is missing from the lineup for the next two weeks will be Marian Hossa, and even though he wasn’t missed Monday, tonight will be a different story when the Hawks face a team where they could use the strong two-way play of #81.
The good thing to come from Monday’s game was the fact that Artemi Panarin was back in the lineup after fighting an illness which cost him two games. The change in the offense with the Breadman in the lineup is very noticeable with the 2nd line not missing a beat. It’s evident that playing with Panarin and Artem Anisimov has made Patrick Kane even more lethal this season than his normal scary self.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Rangers are solidly in 2nd position in the Metropolitan Division with only a miracle shot from catching the first place Washington Capitals. The Rangers will be looking to win on home ice which they have done a lot this year going 21-5-3 so this will not be an easy 2 points for the Chicago Blackhawks to capture. Here are the listings for tonight’s game
Game Time– 7pm
TV Listings– NBCSN
Radio Listings– WGN
Live Streaming– NBC Live Extra
Radio Live Streaming– WGN Radio App
Sadly, I didn’t get any predictions done in time for the Maple Leafs game it would have been fun to see how close I could have gotten to the onslaught.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Three Stars Prediction
#1 Star- Derek Stepan
#2 Star- Rick Nash
#3 Star- Patrick Kane
What are your predictions for tonight’s Original 6 matchup?