I, like many others, made the journey to Minnesota for the Chicago Blackhawks’ Stadium Series game against the Wild. I was lucky enough to get tickets to both the Alumni Game and the Stadium Series game. This was not my first time at TCF Bank Stadium, as I saw a Minnesota-Nebraska football game at the venue back in 2011.
TCF Bank Stadium is a good place to see a hockey game, by my impression. My friend Sarah and I had seats in the last row of the stadium. Despite the far distance, we felt they were still great seats because we could see the whole game.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Thirty-seven thousand people attended the Alumni Game, which in my mind was a surprising turnout. The North Stars faithful came out in force for this game. There was still a decent Blackhawks turnout, too. The weather for the Alumni Game was great: 45 degrees and sunny. We could have not have asked for better weather.
The Stadium Series game itself was horrible. The Blackhawks did not show up for the entire game. The Wild got up big and never looked back. It was a joke, and the Blackhawks got the beating they deserved. The Blackhawks’ lone offensive bright spot was Patrick Kane‘s 36th goal of the season. Other than that, the game was boring!
The fans in the seats were so bored they started doing the wave. Soul Asylum and Cheap Trick were the musical acts for the game. They were both good acts, and fans seemed to enjoy themselves during the performances. My friend and I left with three minutes left to play in regulation because by that point the game was over. We did encounter some ignorant Wild fans who thought that, by winning a Stadium Series game, their team was now the best in all of hockey. News flash to all fans in attendance: That game was still only worth two points.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Overall, I enjoyed my Stadium Series experience in spite of the outcome. I would attend another outdoor game in the future.
Did any of you readers attend the game in person? Let us know about your experience in the comments section.