The Chicago Blackhawks are back at it tonight at home at the United Center facing a Minnesota Wild team that whipped them up and down the ice the last time we saw them at the Stadium Series game last month.
The Chicago Blackhawks are coming off a win after losing four straight games. It was sure nice for the schedule makers to throw in every NHL teams slump busters the Winnipeg Jets in the schedule after the Hawks had a long stretch of playoff teams on the schedule.
The question now is will the win over the Jets be just a win in the middle of a bunch of losses or will the Chicago Blackhawks hit a hot streak and start playing better hockey with the playoffs in sight.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
After experimenting with the lineup the past few games, Joel Quenneville in morning skate put Patrick Kane back with Artemi Panarin and Artem Anisimov once again after separating them for a couple of games. He also reunited Andrew Ladd with Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa which means the top two lines are back together which might not last very long if they don’t produce early against the Wild.
The one player that has picked up a couple of goals is Hossa who only has 12 goals on the season and is still 2 goals away from hitting 500 which before the season seemed like a sure thing.
When looking at the bottom 6 the Daniel Weise/Tomas Fleischmann combo has been put back together which seems to have great chemistry, and really Fleischmann has played really great since the deal to Chicago and in the end could be the steal of that trade deadline deal.
The Minnesota Wild are struggling to secure their playoff spot seemingly trading spots with the Colorado Avalanche on game by game basis so these two points tonight are huge for the Wild’s chances to make the Stanley Cup playoffs.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Here is the listings for tonight’s Central Division clash
Game Time– 7:30pm
TV Listings– NBCSN
Radio Listings– WGN Radio
Live Streaming– NBC Live Extra
Radio Streaming– WGN Radio App
Well, I’m back from vacation so I didn’t do any predictions for the past week so the slate is clean for tonight’s predictions so let’s get to it.
Final Score Prediction– The Chicago Blackhawks get some revenge for their Stadium Series loss with a 4-3 win with Patrick Kane getting his 40th goal of the season.
Three Stars Predictions
#1 Star- Patrick Kane
#2 Star- Jonathan Toews
#3 Star- Charlie Coyle
What’s your prediction for tonight’s game?