The Chicago Blackhawks have been trailing the Dallas Stars in the standings for nearly the entire season if you throw out a week or two in January when the Hawks just weren’t losing any games.
The problem with this Central Division rivalry is that not only has it been one sided, all four of the games have been blowouts with no real drama in any third periods during these four contests. The Dallas Stars have won 3 out of the four very easily while the Hawks blew out the Stars once this season.
The Hawks will most likely be with Corey Crawford once again, but Scott Darling after barely getting off the bench all season should make his 4th straight start and you can see the confidence building in him after getting some regular game action. The back up goalie has to be the hardest position in all of sports to play especially when you have a coach like Joel Quenneville who will ride his #1 goalie all season long and only give the back up scraps on the back end of back to backs.
The Hawks still haven’t found their groove offensively after adding a bunch of pieces to the puzzle at the trade deadline. They have shown some flashes of what can happen with the team rolling four lines, including the last game Sunday night at the United Center against the Minnesota Wild. In that game Andrew Shaw and Richard Panik gave the team a real lift with some great 4th line production which at least got the Hawks a point.
Now the Hawks need all 4 lines to produce including the 2nd line which has been in a little bit of a funk lately. Artemi Panarin and Patrick Kane haven’t been as lethal as they were during the early part of the season, but all it takes is one rocket from the breadman to change all of that. Here are the listings for tonight’s game from the United Center
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Game Time– 7:30pm
TV Listings– CSN-Chicag0
Radio Listings– WGN Radio
Radio Live Streaming– WGN Radio App
On to the predictions part of the show, and well I was looking really good until the scoring stalled in the third period and well I of course didn’t have the Wild winning in a shootout so on to tonight’s game
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan
Three Stars Predictions–
#1 Star- Brent Seabrook– 1 Goal 2 Assists
#2 Star- Scott Darling- 33 saves
#3 Star- Andrew Ladd– 1 Goal
What’s your predictions for tonight’s game?