Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fnas! The Chicago Blackhawks won a tight game late last night in the third period against the Vancouver Canucks and in doing so they clinched their 8th straight Stanley Cup playoff appearance.
The Chicago Blackhawks have will have appeared in the Stanley Cup playoffs every season of the Jonathan Toews/Patrick Kane era except their rookie season, and of course they have qualified in every season that Joel Quenneville has been behind the bench for the Hawks.
The thing about Q that you have to like is that he loves winning. Even back in the day when he was behind the bench for the St. Louis Blues it was always about winning, but he never found postseason success until he arrived in Chicago.
Now we have the combination of one of the winning coaches in the NHL with the greatest Captain in the league today with one of the best scorers to hit the ice night in and night out in the NHL. This combination is extremely lethal with already 3 Stanley Cups on the resume and banners hanging from the ceiling of the United Center.
The question is will this years 8 mean back to back Stanley Cup titles or will it just be a number in a consecutive years streak. Remember the Hawks have qualified for the playoffs 61 times in franchise history, but only 6 times have they been able to complete the journey. Will this team be able to do it? April and May will sure let us know soon enough. Here are some morning links to kick off your work week.
The game was a lot tougher than it should have been, but in the end the Blackhawks won 3-2 in Vancouver to punch a ticket to the playoffs (Blackhawks)
What were the good, bad, and ugly from the Chicago Blackhawks win in Vancouver on Sunday night (Puckin Hostile)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Chicago Blackhawks prospect Nick Schmaltz has been very good for the University of North Dakota as they advance to the Frozen Four (Committed Indians)
What are the chances of every team around the NHL winning this years NHL Draft Lottery (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The Nashville Predators can clinch a playoff spot with a win Monday night over the Colorado Avalanche (Predlines)