Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks did exactly what they were supposed to do this weekend by sweeping the Calgary Flames and Vancouver Canucks and in the meantime clinching a playoff berth that everyone had expected all season long.
The Chicago Blackhawks now head to Minnesota and a team they beat routinely in the playoffs, but they haven’t been able to solve the Wild this season. They looked terrible at the Stadium Series last month outdoors in Minnesota and back at the United Center they couldn’t defeat them in a shootout. Granted none of these games were in April or May when the games truly matter, but enough is enough this year and the Chicago Blackhawks to put a W against the Wild.
The Chicago Blackhawks now that they have a playoff spot will be jockeying for position the rest of way for home games this playoff season. Back in the day (like last season) home ice advantage wasn’t that big of a deal, but this season the Hawks have struggled a lot on the road so getting at least a first round series starting on home ice is probably in their best interests.
The Chicago Blackhawks are in the Wild tonight, and here are some morning links to kick off your Tuesday morning.
See what Josh Stanley’s goal was, and see what happened when his goal came true through the Chicago Blackhawks #MyGoal (Blackhawks)
The Rockford Icehogs are limping into the AHL playoffs and here is a look back at their past week (The Committed Indian)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The bad news in the Central Division is that the Nashville Predators are peaking at just the right time (CSN)
The NHL has emails discussing fighting, concussions and other head injuries (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The Nashville Predators and their fans have building tensions over the Jimmy Vesey decision (Predlines)