Good morning Chicago Blackhawk fans! The Chicago Blackhawks had the game last night all set to be put in the win column until a last minute goal by Vladimir Tarasenko tied it and then he went ahead and scored in overtime to give the Blues the extra point and lock the Blackhawks into the third spot in the Central Division.
The Chicago Blackhawks finishing in the third spot seemed inevitable for the past couple weeks so it’s not that big of a deal, but the Hawks still could have still have started the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs at home if everything had fell perfectly, but they didn’t so they will be road warriors once again like they were last year on their march to the Stanley Cup.
The biggest question mark heading into next week’s start to the Stanley Cup playoffs for the Chicago Blackhawks has to be will everyone be healthy and on the ice, with the Hawks putting Bryan Bickell back into the lineup from Rockford tells you how beat up the Hawks are right now so them losing last night isn’t that big of a deal except for the fact that they blew a lead late in the third period.
It’s one more game this year against the Columbus Blue Jackets before we put a wrap on the regular season and look forward to the playoffs, so while we wait for the last game here are some morning links to kick off your Friday morning.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Chicago Blackhawks picked up one point to put their total up to 102 after their OTL last night against the Blues (Blackhawks)
What were the good, bad, and ugly from the Chicago Blackhawks 2-1 overtime loss to St. Louis (Puckin Hostile)
Chicago Blackhawks prospect Nick Schmaltz scored the game winning goal for North Dakota to send them to the NCAA Frozen Four Championship game (Committed Indians)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The loss last night guaranteed that the Chicago Blackhawks will open on the road to start the Stanley Cup playoffs (Madhouse Enforcer)
The LA Kings are in total control of the Pacific Division after a typical win over the Anaheim Ducks last night (Puck Daddy)