Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks did something they hadn’t done all season long on Saturday night, and that’s win a game after being down by 2 or more goals after the first period. The comments on our Twitter feed was pretty depressing during the 1st intermission, but they sure did do a complete 180 after the Chicago Blackhawks blasted away for 3 goals in the 2nd period and in the end 5 unanswered goals.
The secret to the Hawks success for years has been their commitment to winning and in the end not being eliminated from the playoffs. Their resolve they have is incredible and whether it’s from Jonathan Toews their leader and Captain or from the head coach Joel Quenneville doesn’t matter it’s almost legendary now. The Hawks are 13-4 in elimination games during the Toews/Kane era and it’s something remarkable to behold.
So tonight the Chicago Blackhawks will be on the road again for Game #7 which is the same place they were in last years Western Conference Finals. Jonathan Toews had a huge game, scoring twice in the first period as the Hawks steamrolled the Anaheim Ducks on their way to the Stanley Cup Final.
Jonathan Toews has four goals in Game #7’s and the Hawks record during the Toews/Kane era is 2-2 in Game #7’s. The wait will be great all day, but later tonight it will be Game #7 from Scottrade Center.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are Some Morning Links To Kick Off Your Work Week!
Watch and Hear what Coach Q and some of the Chicago Blackhawks players had to say about Game #7 (Blackhawks)
The Rockford IceHogs barely got a taste of the Calder Cup Playoffs as they were quickly bounced from the playoffs this week (The Committed Indian)
In Dallas you can vote on which team you would rather see the Dallas Stars face the Chicago Blackhawks or the St. Louis Blues (Dallas Morning News)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Unwavering confidence is the Hallmark of this Chicago Blackhawks era (NHL)
What happened to the Nashville Predators as they now have lost 3 in a row to the Anaheim DUcks (Predlines)
The Stars win a wild one 5-4 and win the series 4-2 over the Minnesota Wild (Blackout Dallas)