Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks are on their extended summer break, but the Eastern Conference Finals was back on the ice last night with the Pittsburgh Penguins holding a 2-1 lead in the series.
The Lightning were facing a huge 3-1 deficit on home ice, and they came out firing and took a big 4-0 lead heading into the third period by totally dominating the game.
The game though wasn’t over with the Pittsburgh Penguins coming up with a huge third period getting goals from some of their biggest stars in Phil Kessel and Evgeni Malkin, but in the end it was just no enough and the Lightning tied up the series 2-2 with the 4-3 victory.
Now that the Eastern Conference is all tied up, the question will be if the St. Louis Blues can comeback in San Jose to tie up the Western Conference Finals. The Blues coach Ken Hitchcock has made a big change for Game #4 by naming Jake Allen and not Brian Elliott the starting goalie for Game #4.
Elliott has been the reason that the Blues have made it this far in the playoffs so this could be a make it or break move by the Blues coach tonight, and it will be a pretty quick answer to whether it worked or backfired.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are Some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links To Kick Off Your Weekend
There are four Chicago Blackhawks players and prospects playing in the Semi-Final round of the World Championships today (Blackhawks)
Marc-Andre Fluery deserves the start in Game #5 of the Eastern Conference Finals (NHL)
After missing the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the second straight season, it’s time to break down the Colorado Avalanche offseason plans (TSN)
What kind of grade do Nashville Predators fans give Ryan Johansen and do they think the trade to acquire him was worth it (Predlines)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
After going down 2-1 in the Western Conference Finals, The question for St. Louis Blues fans what would you like Ken Hitchcock to do? (Bleedin Blues)
Jamie Benn had another very good season in Dallas, and now see what kind of report card the Stars fans gave him (Blackout Dallas)
Which goalie do you think the Pittsburgh Penguins should start in Game #5 (NBC Sports)
Former Chicago Blackhawks and current Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Trevor Daley exited Game #4 with a lower body injury (Puck Daddy)