Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Conference Finals are back where they started which is all tied up after the team trailing 2-1 were able to build big leads and hold on to tie up both series.
The Tampa Bay Lightning had to hold on for dear life in their Game #4, and the Blues though never getting too big of a scare still didn’t have a smooth third period in their Game #4 win.
The Sharks have been a great road team all year long so being tied up and heading to St. Louis shouldn’t be that big of a deal except for the fact that they really could have put the foot on the throat of the St. Louis Blues throat but let them off the hook.
Ken Hitchcock made some big changes to his lineup including putting Jake Allen in net replacing Brian Elliott, but in the end it all worked out for the St. Louis Blues coach for now as he heads home with home ice advantage restored.
Tonight the Pivotal Game #5’s start up with the Pittsburgh Penguins hosting the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Penguins have looked like the better team for much of the series, but we all remember the Stanley Cup Finals last year when the Lightning looked better than the Blackhawks to only lose in 6 games.
Should be a fun night tonight to watch Game #5!
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to start your Sunday Morning
Who would have thought that the only Chicago Blackhawks player or prospect to make the Gold Medal round at the World Championships would be Ville Pokka (Blackhawks)
Chicago Blackhawks Prospect Tyler Motte scored in the second period to give Team USA a 3-2 lead that they just couldn’t hold on for at the World Championships (Second City)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
You should watch the first episode of the NHL All Access Playoff episode it’s well worth your time (Puck Daddy)
A look back at the 10 longest overtime games in NHL history (Sporting News)