Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans!
It just didn’t seem right last night when the Campbell trophy was being handed out to the winner of the Western Conference and it wasn’t Jonathan Toews waving up the rest of his Chicago Blackhawks teammates to come take a picture near the Trophy without touching it.
Last night it was Joe Pavelski waving up his San Jose Sharks teammates as they took one last giant Shark bite out of the St. Louis Blues and headed to the Stanley Cup Final. The Sharks looked liked the best team for most of the series, and when St. Louis Blues coach Ken Hitchcock started messing with his goalies, you knew it was just a matter of time before the Blues would be eliminated.
The biggest story on the Blues side had to be Vladimir Tarasenko disappearing in the Conference Finals. To be honest one of the biggest reasons the Chicago Blackhawks couldn’t get out of the first round of this year’s playoffs was the fact that their defense couldn’t keep Tarasenko under control. The Sharks found an answer and in the end won their first trip to the Stanley Cup Final.
When we look back at the 2016 Stanley Cup playoffs, Chicago Blackhawks fans will look back in a what if question since they should have beat the Blues in the first round, but they seemingly took it for granted that in the end they would be moving forward yet in the middle of their golden age of hockey were sent home early by a team that wanted it a little bit more.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links To Start Your Thursday Morning
Stan Bowman continues to sign Swedish hockey players (Blackhawks)
With the Chicago Blackhawks out of the playoffs, does the city of Chicago care about hockey to watch the rest of the playoffs (Tribune)
What will be the Chicago Blackhawks free agent fall out this summer (Hockey Writers)
Gustav Nyquist took an interest in the Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist this year during it’s run for the triple crown (CSN)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
The Stanley Cup Finals are set to begin May 30th and they could last up to 17 days (NBC Sports)
Does the San Jose Sharks Stanley Cup Finals appearance validate the Nashville Predators playoff run at all (Predlines)
Which free agents will the Dallas Stars be looking at this summer (Blackout Dallas)
Hockey fan gets a Gary Bettman tattoo on his butt (Puck Daddy)