Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks Fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks haven’t played any hockey for over a month which still doesn’t seem normal and to be quite honest I haven’t watched much playoff hockey since the Chicago Blackhawks elimination, but I did watch all 3 minutes of overtime last night of the Stanley Cup Final.
The San Jose Sharks had their chances on Wednesday night in Game #2, but if there ever was a team to complain about hitting posts it has to be the Sharks who if you watch any highlight package it was nothing but posts for the Sharks starting with Tomas Hertl. hitting two.
The iron was kind for the Sharks when the puck rattled off of it for the game tying goal with 4 minutes left in the 3rd period.
The overtime stats are always strange with Martin Jones going winless in a playoff year in overtime when his team makes the Stanley Cup Final, but there it was a faceoff play drew up by Sidney Crosby that ends up behind Jones for the win and a 2-0 series lead for the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Sharks were the best on the road this season, but they will have to keep up their playoff winning ways on home ice if this series is to be extended.
The one post-game story that is pretty funny is that Logan Couture and the Sharks believe that Crosby cheats on faceoffs which he did win as cleanly as possible on the winning goal. It’s in the Sharks water to make it a series now.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links to kick off your Thursday morning!
Here is the link to the story about the Sharks saying that Sidney Crosby cheats on faceoffs (USA Today)
The Chicago Blackhawks announced their preseason schedule for this fall which has to put a small smile on your face (Blackhawks)
The NHL will debut ads on World Cup jersey which means it’s just the beginning to something really horrible (Committed Indians)
The Chicago Blackhawks don’t lose the rights to Ivan Nalimov or any other prospect on June 1st (Second City)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
This is really not expected by me, but Andrew Ladd isn’t expecting to make a return to the Chicago Blackhawks next season (Score)
Despite losing Game #2 in overtime and going down 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Final, The Sharks coach says hold off our funeral (NBC Sports)
The St. Louis Blues coaching staff will be totally different next season (Puck Daddy)