Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks news is slim to none right now with the rare signings of KHL defenseman Michal Kempny, so yesterday I got a news alert on my phone saying that Free agent Andrew Ladd didn’t believe he would be re-signing with the Chicago Blackhawks.
This of course without any other Chicago Blackhawks news was news, but was it really news? I never really expected Ladd to be back in Chicago in the fall of 2016. This is time for him to cash in for one big contract, and there is no way Andrew Ladd’s agent is going to let him take a hometown discount to stay with the Chicago Blackhawks.
There are players like Marcus Kruger that will take a hit for a year to get paid, but most players are like Brandon Saad who let their agents do all the work with their contracts and so he will be rewarded financially for a long time, but when it comes to winning games he will probably be sitting at home when the season comes to end like Saad did this year in Columbus.
The real question is will GM Stan Bowman can figure out the salary cap to get Andrew Shaw in, but even that task may be too big for Bowman to achieve this offseason. The Finals are almost over and so too will be some fresh Chicago Blackhawks news.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks links to start your Friday morning!
On the main website of the Chicago Blackhawks their Thursday Throwback looks back at the outdoor games and the effect they had on the fanbase at the time (Blackhawks)
Chicago Blackhawks Team Historian and columnist Bob Verdi was elected to enshrinement into the Hockey Hall of Fame (Second City)
A Quick look at the Winnipeg Jets free agent options for this upcoming summer (Committed Indians)
How the Chicago Blackhawks could solve their salary cap issues with one very unpopular move this offseason (CBS Chicago)
For the first time since the Florida Panthers entered the NHL, they have revealed a new logo design (NHL)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The Montreal Canadiens hired former St. Louis Blues Assistant Coach Kirk Mueller for the same position (Puck Daddy)