Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks offseason started seemingly months ago, and yet the summer really hasn’t even started with the Stanley Cup Finals just hitting Game #3 in San Jose.
The Chicago Blackhawks released their preseason schedule this week which means that there is something at the end of the offseason tunnel to look forward to, but there surely isn’t any light at the end of the tunnel at the beginning of June.
There is work to be done this offseason for Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman starting with what to do with Andrew Shaw and the list just goes from there. The one players name that was floated around this week as a possible solution to the Blackhawks salary cap woes is Artem Anisimov.
This almost seems crazy for the Hawks to do even though his cap number is up over 4 million. Patrick Kane had his best season of his career when he finally had a really centerman to play with that could maximize #88’s talents.
The thing is Bowman is a master of the salary cap so anything is possible which is why Anisimov is actually a Chicago Blackhawks. Bowman made a move when he could to part ways with Brandon Saad when he had leverage, so of course there’s a chance if the price is right that he could move Anisimov this summer but it sure would hurt that #2 line next year.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links To Kick Off Your Weekend!
Chicago Blackhawks Team Historian named to the Hockey Hall of Fame (Blackhawks)
In case you missed it, the Chicago Blackhawks did release their preseason schedule this week (CSN)
What is the ETA for every team around the NHL to contend for the Stanley Cup (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The San Jose Sharks know they must get better, and that they are confident they come back in the Final (NHL)
A look at one’s persons from Nashville Predators Third jersey possibilities (Predlines)
Keeping Ken Hitchcock is the right thing to do for the St. Louis Blues at this time (Bleedin Blue)