Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks last played on April 25th when they lost 3-2 in Game #7 of their opening round series against the St. Louis Blues. They were possibly oneBrent Seabrook
shot that hit both posts from making it to the next round and a deep run in the Stanley Cup playoffs.
That being said the Stanley Cup playoffs continued without the Chicago Blackhawks, and if you have turned off the NHL and been watching baseball since that loss, the Stanley Cup Final are now 3-1 and the fat lady is ready to sing.
The Pittsburgh Penguins were probably the hottest team in the final month of the season, and they have carried it over into May and now June. So, after Jonathan Toews had possibly taken over as the best leader in the NHL with three Stanley Cups in 6 seasons, if the Pittsburgh Penguins finish off the Sharks get ready for a whole lot of Sidney Crosby talk.
The Penguins are so close to winning it all which means that Phil Kessel of all people may be lifting the Stanley Cup, but they still do have to win the final close out game yet they will have 3 chances to do it.
It seems like it should be all over after Game #5 in Pittsburgh but stranger things have happened.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links to start your Tuesday morning.
It’s pretty cool that Bob Verdi was named to the Hockey Hall of Fame last week (Blackhawks)
The Pittsburgh Penguins stifling defense has them one win away from hoisting the Stanley Cup (Bleacher Report)
The post-combine NHL draft mock draft rankings with you know who still on top (NHL)
Unlike the Chicago Blackhawks who need a higher cap, the Nashville Predators could use a lower salary cap to succeed (Predlines)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Free Agents that the St. Louis Blues could be considering at the beginning of next month (Bleedin Blue)
The San Jose Sharks the fact that their Stanley Cup chase could be coming to an end and staring at their own failings (Puck Daddy)