Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks were built by having some high draft picks and cashing in on them. Dale Tallon did some great drafting a decade ago when he picked Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane in back to back years to solidify a core that any franchise in the NHL would love to have.
The Chicago Blackhawks hit some home runs and missed big time in the draft like they time they picked Kyle Beach in the first round, so of course the draft is not an exact science. The biggest problem for Stan Bowman this year in the draft isn’t the science but the lack of picks.
Trader Stan moved his first round pick for Andrew Ladd, and now the talent pool is starting to shrink of high end talent down in Rockford. There was a day that Teuvo Teravainen was skating around in Rockford, but now there’s still talent but it’s much more Andrew Shaw type of talent than players will high ceilings.
Stan will have to pull a rabbit out of his hat to make a late round pick work this year unless they somehow steal a pick for Bryan Bickell which isn’t very likely, but stranger things have been known to happen.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links to Start Your Tuesday Morning.
A look at the Chicago Blackhawks salary cap and depth chart with a look towards what the roster could look like come September (Second City)
What are the odds of next years Stanley Cup Champion and where do the Chicago Blackhawks rank in the rankings (Madhouse Enforcer)
So Las Vegas looks like they like the fact that the Chicago Blackhawks have had an extra month and a half of rest for the 2016-2017 campaign (CSN)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Here is your 2016 Stanley Cup Playoff All Postseason team now that the Pittsburgh Penguins are your Stanley Cup Champs (NHL)
Here is what the Nashville Predators free agent outlook looks like this summer (Predlines)
Can Ken HItchcock make Mike Yeo a better coach? (Puck Daddy)