Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
Every year that I have written for Blackhawk Up there has been an excitement about the upcoming season and the youth that Joel Quenneville was going to be forced to play in that season.
From Brandon Pirri being the next #2 center, to Brandon Saad becoming the next Marian Hossa to everyone in between from Jeremy Morin to Teuvo Teravainen, every summer there have been players to get excited about that made it and some that were traded away by the trade deadline.
There are also players that never ever really made it to Chicago after years of us talking about how they were going to be the next generation of stars. The defensive youth in Rockford comes to mind with Stephen Johns being the biggest name that never got to see the lights of the United Center.
So now comes the 2016-2017 season and with the Jonathan Toews/Patrick Kane contracts in full swing and the salary cap not going up anywhere near what was projected 2-3 years ago, the Chicago Blackhawks are in a salary cap situation that will force youngsters playing time. This golden era of Chicago Blackhawks hockey started with youngsters getting playing time so I don’t think there is anything to fear in extending this era with some infusion of youth whether it’s Nick Schmaltz, Tyler Motte or Vincent Hinostroza.
These kids all have talent and with spots open on the roster for these players, it’s time for the youth to show what they have, and in the end I’m sure the kids will be all right just like they were almost a decade ago when the core took over the franchise.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to start your Tuesday morning.
Marian Hossa is expecting to score his 500th career goal very quickly this upcoming season (Blackhawks)
One interesting story out of the Chicago Blackhawks convention is that Jordin Tootoo was recruited by Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook (CSN)
Undrafted Alexandre Fortin really stood out at the Chicago Blackhawks prospect camp last season (Daily Herald)
Here are five takeaways from this past weekends Chicago Blackhawks convention (Today’s Slapshot)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The New York Rangers traded Derick Brassard yesterday which had to be a very difficult but very good move by their General Manager (Blueshirt Banter)
See what Pittsburgh Penguins Phil Kessel did with his day with the Cup this past week (Puck Daddy)