Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans!
The Chicago Blackhawks summer slow down has hit full stride in one full swoop of 2 days. The prospect camp got our juices flowing and the convention is the Chicago Blackhawks on steroids for one weekend, but now after two days of the work week behind us, October can’t possibly get here soon enough.
Free agents for the most part are signed, trades are most likely not going to happen for the next month or so we are stuck with drips and drops on NHL news.
Last year at this time was when the Patrick Kane story broke, so let’s be honest I’m all for a nice quiet boring summer after last years unfortunate circumstances that took us down a journey that no one wanted to take which split the fanbase in half for an entire season and even to this day.
Boring can be good but we look forward to October 12th with excitement and concern because of all the youth that Joel Quenneville will have to play. No one trusts Coach Q with youth but in the end all he expects is for every player to be responsible for all 200 feet of ice. It’s because of this you have to be excited about Nick Schmaltz who went into his sophomore season and worked on the defensive side of his game including special teams. It’s great hearing that a kid wanted to get his game ready for the show and Q’s expectations.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here’s a look at this years KHL rookie Michal Kempny and how he’s adjusting to North American hockey after playing overseas for years (Blackhawks)
Could the Chicago Blackhawks be talking to free agent Radim Vrbata and could he be a good fit (Second City)
THe Chicago Blackhawks players are starting to get excited about playing in the World Cup of Hockey (CSN)
Tyler Motte is looking to step it up for the Chicago Blackhawks and make the roster this season (Daily Herald)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
After years of teams signing analytics experts each summer, are NHL teams starting to move away from analytics (Yahoo)
Marian Hossa is not thinking about goal #500 even though he’s sat on 499 all summer long (Score)
The Nashville Predators officially announced the new face of the franchise P. K. Subban (Predlines)
Why the Dallas Stars will get their moneys worth out of Jamie Benn (Blackout Dallas)
Jimmy Howard is in the middle of the rumor mill (Sporting News)