Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! Team Canada will once again take the ice in team event and once again, Jonathan Toews will not be wearing the C, but an A.
In this era of NHL hockey no other Captain has been handed the Stanley Cup from NHL commissioner Gary Bettman more than Jonathan Toews, but he once again wasn’t named Team Captain of Team Canada for the World Cup of hockey that is quickly approaching.
Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby was named Captain yesterday of Team Canada while Toews and Shea Weber were awarded the A for Alternate Captain. Not saying Crosby is a horrible choice since you know he did just win the Stanley Cup and he is considered by most the most talented player in this era of the NHL.
I just think if you are looking at the best leaders in the NHL, Jonathan Toews would be at the top of the list, yet he’s still not been awarded the C in any major event like the Olympics or the World Cup yet. He already has won two gold medals in the Olympics and scored the opening goal in both of the Gold medal matches.
Toews of course will say he’s proud to play for Team Canada and to be an alternate Captain when he’s interviewed which is Toews being the ultimate Toews, and one reason why the Chicago Blackhawks no matter who is on the roster will have a shot to win the Stanley Cup every season.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to kick off your Friday morning!
Jonathan Toews has been named to Alternate Captain of Team Canada for the World Cup (Blackhawks)
Why the Chicago Blackhawks are shopping in the markdown bin this summer (The Committed Indian)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
In one of the strangest stories ever, the Las Vegas franchise is closing in on a nickname (Puck Daddy)