Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks have a dilemma this week, and that’s do they make a depth move or does Stan Bowman stand pat.
If there’s one thing you know about me if you have read my posts for the past 5 years, it’s that I favor youth over veterans. Sure, some veterans have worked out, but in the end, this era of Chicago Blackhawks hockey was built around youth.
So, if you had told me that the Hawks would need to make a move at the trade deadline a couple of months ago, you could have talked me into thinking that the idea was a decent one.
Fast Forward to February and I would say you’re insane to make any moves right now because the youth of the team has turned a corner especially the way that Nick Schmaltz is playing on the top line. The top line now has point streaks of 5 games by Jonathan Toews and Richard Panik, and Schmaltz streak is 3 games.
It’s not just Schmaltz though, Ryan Hartman is playing a gritty game and he has some offense added to that with him becoming the 7th Chicago Blackhawks player to score his 15th goal of the season.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
So my plea is for Stan to watch the trade deadline from a distance and see what the kids can do when the playoffs come around this April! What do you think?
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some morning links to start your Friday morning!
The Chicago Blackhawks got expansion draft eligible with the signing of goalie Jeff Glass on Thursday (Committed Indians)
Watch Michal Rozisval’s first goal of the season (CSN)
The Colorado Avalanche are not developing prospects properly throughout their system (Mile High Sticking)
The Washington Capitals only need some minor touch ups at the trade deadline (Pro Hockey Talk)