Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! As everyone’s Friday at work was coming to a close, Stan Bowman decided to surprise all of us with a trade.
The Chicago Blackhawks General Manager has been telling us for a couple of weeks that there wasn’t going to be any big trades at this year’s trade deadline.
Well, so far Stan has been telling the truth as the Chicago Blackhawks did make a trade on Friday, but it sure wasn’t a big trade that was made between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Detroit Red Wings.
When the trade update came through my first question was who is Tomas Jurco because you know I don’t watch many Red Wings games especially since they are in the Eastern Conference.
The second question was will he be headed to Chicago, and with the Vinnie Hinostroza demotion to Rockford, that question’s answer became pretty apparent.
Want your voice heard? Join the Blackhawk Up team!
The third question which won’t be answered for sometime will be, Will Jurco be able to fit in with the Blackhawks and become a solid player or will he just be a very small footnote in trade deadline history for Stan Bowman and the Chicago Blackhawks.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Time will only tell, and here are some morning links to kick off your weekend!
Chicago Blackhawks minor move to pick up Jurco could pay major dividends down the line (Tribune)
The Anaheim Ducks picked up Adam Eaves from the Dallas Stars on Friday as well (Bleacher Report)
Was the St. Louis Blues decision to give Patrik Burgland a good idea (Bleedin Blue)
The Washington Capitals could make the D.C. are a serious home ice advantage come the playoffs this year (Pro Hockey Talk)
Flyers and Penguin focused on 2 points and some outdoor fun (Puck Daddy)