Chicago Blackhawks Jonathan Toews was struggling for most of the season, but he put it all together in February, and he was named the #1 Star of the Month by the NHL today.
The Chicago Blackhawks scored 4 or more goals in every game but one in the month of February, and they went 9-1 in the month.
The one player you can thank most for all the goals and the wins has to be the Captain Jonathan Toews who had a tremendous month of February.
That’s the kind of month you expect from your superstar center. During the month he also picked up his 600th career point, so it was a pretty big month for #19!
The biggest night of the month had to be against the Minnesota Wild where Toews picked up 5 points on the night including his 4th career hat trick.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
Schmaltz has been really good and playing an entirely different game since being recalled from Rockford. His confidence is way up, and he’s making plays instead of just being out on the ice collecting minutes.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Panik has been a great steal of a trade for Stan Bowman. Remember the Hawks basically got Panik for Jeremy Morin.
Panik has scored 16 times this season and added in 17 assists which is a pretty solid season to date, and he’s on a 6 game point streak entering tonight’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The day belongs to Toews, but it’s been the top line that has been making plays all month long!
What did you think of Toews month? Let’s Go Hawks!!