Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks didn’t make a deal if you throw out a Spencer Abbott Rockford Ice Hogs trade on the NHL Trade Deadline Day, and I’m alright with that!
The Chicago Blackhawks made a couple of minor moves in the week leading up to the NHL Trade deadline, and you can, maybe can call the Johnny Oduya deal a major move for the Blackhawks this year.
The best part of all of the deals is that the Hawks didn’t give up any prospects or youth this year or a top draft pick. The biggest prospect that I’m sure all Chicago Blackhawks fans are glad that the Hawks didn’t give up in a trade was Alex DeBrincat.
You have to think that Stan Bowman would have given up DeBrincat for Matt Duchene if he could have made it work with the salary cap, but maybe just maybe the hawks being up against the cap will help them long term. Maybe the Hawks will have DeBrincat for years to come solely because the Hawks couldn’t afford to take in one more star to the roster.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Stan Bowman not making a move yesterday probably was his best move long term and most likely short term in my mind!
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to start your Thursday morning!
Pretty cool story about Johnny Oduya getting a welcome back note from the airport crew (Second city)
The Chicago Blackhawks have been incredibly consistent during the salary cap era (Daily Herald)
The price was right with the Dallas stars to get Johnny Oduya (CSN)
This was the slowest trade deadline day in the NHL since 2000 (ESPN)
Will the trades of beloved players light a fire under the Dallas Stars? (Blackout Dallas)
Did the Washington Capitals win the NHL Trade Deadline (Pro Hockey Talk)