Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks are on another long break which is probably perfect this time of year, but as the Hawks are resting my thoughts lead to Is It April Yet?
The Chicago Blackhawks are red hot, and that of course leads to the question if they are peaking too early with all of these wins in February and March especially when the playoffs start in April.
My answer to that question is no. For starters look at the Pittsburgh Penguins last year who caught fire after the All-Star game and carried their heater all the way to the Stanley Cup Championship.
The other reason I would say no is that the kids are finding their groove which makes the Chicago Blackhawks a dangerous team. If this was just a bunch of vets figuring out a way to win hockey games during the dog days of winter, you could get me to lean to peaking too soon.
The thing is the Hawks kids and young vets from Nick Schmaltz, Ryan Hartman, and even Richard Panik are finding their games which make the Hawks a fun team to watch once again, but it opens up the ice for Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane who have been on fire since February 1st.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The Chicago Blackhawks are playing great so of course I want it to be April right now, who wouldn’t?
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to start your work week!
The Nashville Predators are still missing some pieces to be great in the NHL (Predlines)
Ranking the best jerseys (since their team isn’t very good) in Colorado Avs history (Mile High Sticking)
Down 3-0 no big deal for the Pittsburgh Penguins vs the Buffalo Sabres (Pro Hockey Talk)
NHL GM’s to talk about bye week and offsides rule at meetings (Puck Daddy)