The Chicago Blackhawks face the Detroit Red Wings tonight in the final game between the two old rivals at Joe Louis Arena.
The storyline for tonight’s game will be that it’s the last game between the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena. The Joe was a house of horrors for many years for the Blackhawks with them unable to win a playoff game there for nearly two decades before their Game #6 win in 2013.
The real storyline for the Hawks though will be can they get back to their winning ways after dominating most of the game last night against the Anaheim Ducks, but they still skated away with a 1-0 loss.
The Chicago Blackhawks had the same kind of performance against the Edmonton Oilers after their bye week which was a dominating game but on the short end of the stick on the scoreboard.
The Red Wings are at the bottom of the Eastern Conference after barely sneaking in the playoffs the past few seasons to extend their streak. This will be the first time the Red Wings miss the playoffs since the 1989-1990 season which is pretty impressive.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
The Hawks offense does need to be a little more disruptive tonight in Detroit to get some pucks in the back of the net! Here are the listings for tonight’s game.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
TV Listings– CSN-Chicago, NHL Network
Radio Listings– WGN Radio
Live Streaming– CSN Live Stream
Radio Live Streaming– WGN Radio App
On to the predictions part of the show, and well we didn’t have the Hawks getting shut out last night so let’s move on to tonight’s game!
Final Score Prediction
The Hawks will get back to scoring goals in bunches and leave the Joe with a 6-2 victory with Patrick Kane getting two more goals in the process.
Three Stars Prediction
#3 Star- Jonathan Toews– 1 goal 1 assist
#2 Star- Nick Schmaltz-1 goal 2 assists
#1 Star- Patrick Kane– 2 goals 1 assist
What are your predictions for tonight’s final game at the Joe?